Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Memories

I was just thinking about this time I was sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when my phone started to ring. I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway because I would just be curious later who it was. Shockingly, the voice on the other end turned out to be female (these were well before my days of getting phone calls from random girls)(ok, you win, I never had those days, happy?). The girl refused to identify herself, which was kind of annoying, but I stuck with the phone call trying to figure out if it was a friend of mine just messing with me. Then the girl started asking why I hadn't called her back after last week. At this point, I just got annoyed and hung up the phone, because there was no one I should have been calling back from the week before.

About ten seconds later the phone rings again, same number. I pick it up. The girl on the other end tries her "you didn't call me back" routine again but soon realizes its not working. At this point, she breaks character to tell me that I was the victim of a prank phone call and that they were trying to freak me out that there was a girl I'd slept with the earlier that I didn't call back that was calling me. But the joke was on them, I hadn't slept with a girl ever at that point. Actually, I still think the joke was on me.

4 comments:

  1. :-) Man, girls are bitches.

    Actually, this is pretty funny. They should never have tried to call you. They couldn't have known that you're the LAST guy who would sleep with a girl and forgotten about her.

    Your prank calls are so much nicer than mine. 3am: some guy calls my cell and asks if I like "black d***". I tell my dad, he traces it back, and delivers his most threatening "I'm a red-neck with a gun" speech. I never got another prank call.

    My problem is, I watch too much TV. In my head, every call in the middle of the night is just a ploy to see who is home, so the caller can steal all of our stuff/viciously murder us all. Why I never thought the idea of calling my CELL to figure out the position of everyone in the house was a ridiculous one is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, although I understand to a certain extent because you feel violated by a prank phone call. You're in your own house, safe from the outside world, save what you let in and someone violates that and comes in to play a joke on you.

    I know you were trying to imply that the unlikely part of that whole incident was that I would forget the girl I had been with but at that time the ridiculous part was being with a girl in the first place. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I knew that. Which is why you forgetting a girl at that point would have been ludicrous.

    I can't stop thinking about what Aunt Amy told us about the store owners in Richmond. Why would she do that to me? I wouldn't have even noticed the shrine. I'm going to google it. I hope they got caught.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self. Never google murders.

    ReplyDelete