Friday, January 23, 2009

Doctor who?

That would have been my response as recently as a year ago had I been asked if I'd ever seen Doctor Who. Now I (like many Brits) am addicted to the show. Its not just me, I'm pretty sure if given the chance my fiancee would leave me for David Tennant. I'd have to say, I love DW for the same reasons I love most of the geeky things I love. Like Star Wars, LOTR, the DC Universe, DW has a universe all its own, a world to get lost in thought in. To be fair though, I also love that there is almost no chance I'll ever end up watching ever episode (it has been on air for 30 seasons). And as much as I love David Tennant (you never forget your first Doctor) I'm also excited to see the new guy take a crack at it. Doctor Who is the highest rated show on the BBC. This truly is the Age of the Geek.

1 comment:

  1. I only wish there were more in the way of entire universes for you. I'd suggest fantasy like Wheel of Time, but you're more into the space exploration of Star Wars and Doctor Who. Also, those books are entirely linear and only follow a select group of people. Something you've wished Lucas hadn't done this whole time.

    So, what about Terry Pratchett's Discworld? It's less fantasy, and more satire about events, and pop culture. And it features an ENTIRE new world. With close to 40 novels on Discworld, you won't be done quickly. There's also a complete gathering on the internet, and a whole MUD site ready for you. Maybe you should give it a try. I hear it's hilarious.

    I know I've ranted about this before, but I'm coming around on it again. Like Nirvana. Never Mustangs. I just keep forgetting to suggest it when we talk about it.

    ReplyDelete